Monday, October 13, 2014

Grandfather Mountain near Banner Elk, NC

The early part of September 2014, Ron and I decided to go back to the Festiva Timeshare, Banner Elk, that is just above Boone, NC.   Ron told me that he has had "Grandfather Mountain" on his Bucket List for awhile.   I told Ron that I didn't know he had a Bucket List.  

Climbing the rocks to get to the highest part of Grandfather Mountain was a struggle for me as I just don't have any balance anymore.   Ron did make it to the top.

The Mile High Swinging Bridge was built to give visitors easy access to the breathtaking view from Grandfather Mountain’s Linville Peak.
The 228-foot suspension bridge spans an 80-foot chasm at more than one mile in elevation. Surveys show that the journey to the other side is always considered the highlight of a trip to Grandfather Mountain.





No comments:

Post a Comment